Our Do-It-Yourself Handbook shows you how to look into a company you’ve got an issue with, and how to find and understand key pieces of information about it.
“An invaluable guide. It helps to make the task of concerned citizens a little less daunting.” – Professor Sue Richards, Keep Our NHS Public
“If you want to know what’s really going on, you need to investigate. This handbook shows how.” – Clare Sambrook, Shine a Light project, openDemocracy. Co-founder End Child Detention Now. Award-winning investigative reporter
“Going beyond mere rhetoric, Corporate Watch’s DIY handbook finally gives campaigners the means to challenge corporate power. An essential weapon in the activist’s tool-kit” – Dr Guddi Singh, Medact
Want to know more about a company but don’t know where to look?
Corporate Watch’s new Do-It-Yourself Handbook shows you how to look into a company you’ve got an issue with, and how to find and understand key pieces of information about it, including:
– Who owns and runs it, and how much they are making;
– The impact of its operations;
– How much money it has, how much profit it is making and how much debt it is in;
– Details of public service and government contracts it has;
– Links with politicians;
– Its legal and regulatory duties.
The handbook also includes guides to:
– Reading company accounts;
– Understanding company law, ownership and financing;
– Making freedom of information requests;
– Searching the web;
– Talking to the company, workers and people affected by it;
and includes extensive company, government, business information and critical sources.
The focus is on UK companies but most of the information is relevant to companies wherever they are based.
Click here to buy a copy.
Click here to read the online version.
Click here to read it online as an ebook.
All Corporate Watch’s publications are free to download. If you like what you read, please consider making a donation, or becoming a regular subscriber (for £5 or more a month you’ll receive all our publications as they come out!).