“An invaluable guide. It helps to make the task of concerned citizens a little less daunting.” – Professor Sue Richards, Keep Our NHS Public
“If you want to know what’s really going on, you need to investigate. This handbook shows how.” – Clare Sambrook, award-winning investigative reporter
Want to know more about a company but don’t know where to look?
Companies have a huge influence on our lives but finding even the most basic details about them can be difficult. Corporate Watch’s new Do-It-Yourself Handbook shows you how to look into a company you’ve got an issue with, and how to find and understand key pieces of information about it, including:
– Who owns and runs it, and how much they are making
– The impact of its operations
– Its accounts and finances
– Contracts with the government and links with politicians
– Its legal and regulatory duties
The focus is on UK companies but most of the information is relevant to companies wherever they are based.